Our events and activities foster friendship, fellowship, fun and service to others, guided by Christian values to meet the spiritual, emotional and social needs of its members. We are not a dating ground’. We provide activities that are:
1. Fun-filled and age appropriate that promote friendships and networking capabilities.
2. In depth discussion groups which deal with intellectual stimulating topics that address current issues that a effect singles today.
3. Social functions that promote healthy relationships that enable Singles to learn about themselves and others of the opposite gender.
4. A stable spiritual environment that provides the single person with spiritual grounding of biblical principles.
There will be activities and events announced on this page, on facebook page and in our newsletter. So lookout for them!
And DON’T MISS THE FUN
SELAH SINGLES RELATIONSHIP DAY RETREATS
Our Selah Singles are for those Singles not dating, dating, engaged, never married, divorcees& single parents).
The retreats are FUN, interactive and life changing. We create a ‘Safe Space’ for Singles to share , while protecting their dignity. Here are some of the topics for discussion we cover during Selah Singles retreats.
- Doing All the Right Things but Still Single? Why?
- Why Do You Keep Attracting the Wrong Person?
- Healing Relationship Wounds
- How to Know If He or She is THE ONE
- Setting Boundaries
- Why If You Aren’t Content Being Single, You Won’t Be Content Married
- Sex Before Marriage and How it Affects Your Marriage
- Overcoming the Fear or Shame of Being Single
- I Can Be Single, Complete, & Content – Really?
- When God Isn’t Enough
- Healing A Broken Heart
- “I’ve Been Lonely Too Long”
- Relationships with the Opposite Sex That Work: Friendships
- Singles’ Issues & Thoughts
- God Is Really Into Sex!
- Forgiveness & Letting Go (includes Five Languages of Apology)
- Second Marriages
- Correctly Handling Conflict Increases Closeness in Relationships
- Affair-Proofing Your Marriage
- Why God Hates Divorce (God Does Not Hate Divorced People)
Code of Conduct for Singles at Events
Shibero.Com’s Singles events are teaching Singles how to lead a healthy, intentional joyful Christian life, regardless of whether you have a partner or not. It is not a ‘hunting ground’ for singles.
All events our events operate under basic Biblical standards of conduct, including the following guidelines. In the words of Christ, our conduct should be ruled by this:
“So in everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you…” Matthew 7:12
Participants are encouraged to:
- Act in Christian love toward one another (1 Peter 1:22)
- Express an attitude of humility, love, grace, and forgiveness while being irrespective of personal preference. (Galatians 5:1)
- Maintain sexual purity (Ephesians 5:3)
- Refrain from causing others to stumble into sin (1 Corinthians 10:31-32)
- Live a Christ-centred life (Galatians 5:22-26)
At our events, we shall refrain from:
* Smoking – no smoking is allowed within the venues that Shibero.Com uses.
* Alcoholic beverages and illegal drug usage – at no time will alcohol or drugs be consumed during Shibero.Com events.
* Inappropriate language – participants will refrain from using generally recognized swear words and from sexually-suggestive language. (Colossians 3:8)
*Religious arguments – Shibero.Com is a non-denominational ministry. As such, differences in church doctrines and practices are not to be topics of division among participants but rather opportunities to learn from one another. Respectful conversation is expected. (Colossians 3:12-15)
*Sexual harassment – Shibero.Com participants have a reasonable expectation of a safe environment of Christian fellowship and friendship, and as such, participants will refrain from creating a hostile environment.
Hostile Environment. Sexual Harassment is defined as subjecting any person to comments of a sexual nature, offensive sexual materials, unwelcome advances or unwelcome physical contact. All complaints of sexual harassment will be taken seriously and grievances will be ban the individual harassing from attending future events.